Thursday, May 26, 2005

This Crazy Neighborhood

So the Lincoln Police dropped by my apartment complex again today... For those of you who don't know, the cops have been here several times in the past couple of months. First, there was a loud party across the street who decided to break parked car windows at around 4:30am one morning. Then, the lady right next to me in the complex had her apartment broken into. Granted, she should have closed the window, but still...

Today, an officer knocked on the door (I swear, you can always tell when a cop is at the door just by the way they knock...) and asked me about one of the previous tenants. All I knew was that he moved out a couple of weeks ago and a college-aged guy and his girlfriend moved in yesterday. And that I remembered where he worked, at least as of a couple of months ago. All I found out was this guy was a "person of interest" for some reason. Then the cop went up and talked to the new tenants. How's that for a "welcome to our (crime infested) neighborhood!" greeting?

I'm glad I'm moving out in a couple of days...

3 Comments:

At Friday, May 27, 2005 3:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new place will be just as bad...because I'm going to be nearby! You know how I like getting in trouble with the law.

 
At Saturday, May 28, 2005 1:50:00 AM, Blogger « ÑàtéF®øg » said...

Maybe you'll bring crime to the area and be the neighborhood "boss." That wouldn't be too bad, I suppose...

 
At Monday, June 06, 2005 10:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least then it will be organized

 

Post a Comment

<< Home